Friday, December 23, 2011

~Fun Food Friday...Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip cookies~

~"Thank God for dirty (& clean) dishes they have a tale to tell...While other folks go hungry, we're eating very well." =)
(My Moma has a plaque that bears that saying hanging near her sink.  I grew up washing dishes reading that.  It's so true!)~
~Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies~

from The Sisters Cafe.com

2 sticks softened butter (1 cup)
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 Tablespoon vanilla
3 1/2  -4 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
10 oz bag of chocolate chips
1 package of Double Stuff Oreo Cookies (I just used reg. Oreo cookies...~Heather~)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cream butter and sugars until well combined.  Add eggs and vanilla until well combined.
In a separate bowl, mix the flour, salt and baking soda.  Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients along with the chocolate chips until just combined.  Using a cookie scoop or a spoon, place a scoop of dough on top of the Oreo Cookie. Now take another scoop of dough and place on the bottom of the Oreo Cookie.  Seal edges together by pressing and cupping in hand until Oreo Cookie is enclosed in dough.  Place onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet and bake cookies 9-13 minutes or until lightly browned.  Let cool 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.  Serve with a tall glass of milk and enjoy!
Makes 2-3 dozen large cookies.
~We made these yummy Oreo Stuffed Choc. Chip cookies last night.~
~We enjoyed dipping them into a glass of milk.~
~Good to the last drop crumb.~
~Elijah...with his "Got milk mustache"...and a little "Oreo cookie beard"! =)~
~I was so HAPPY to find a good recipe for Toasted Salty Pecans. When I was a teen my Daddy pastored a wonderful church in Louisiana. I was the only one left at home and being a PEOPLE PERSON I LOVED it when the families in our church invited us over. One of the families that would invite us over was Miss Nellie and Miss Cleo. We always enjoyed our times at their house. I well remember the yummy salty pecans they served near Christmas. Just the other day I found a recipe that tastes very similar, and I'm sharing it with you. I like spicy pecans/almonds too, but I really enjoy munching on these simple toasted pecans.
~Sea Salt Roasted Pecans~ 
from epicurious
2 cups pecan halves
3 Tab. unsalted butter, melted
1 1/4 teas. fine sea salt    (NOTE: After making these twice, my family and I think they would be better with only 1 TEASPOON of salt, for they are a tad salty. ~Heather)
Preheat oven to 325 F. Toss pecans and melted butter in med. bowl. Sprinkle sea salt over the pecans and toss well. Spread pecans in single layer on rimmed baking sheet. Bake until fragrant and slightly darkened in color, about 15 mins.
Cool pecans on baking sheets.
 
  Happy eve...of Christmas Eve! =)

9 comments:

sherryldickinson said...

What a beautiful 'Fun Food Friday' post this is, Heather. I think it's one of the best ones you've done, so far. I stand amazed at the many recipes you can find for using chocolate over and over in the same recipe. Only YOU could find a recipe for chocolate-filled, chocolate chip cookies (ha!); although, I believe it would be delightful to sample those wares!
I'm telling you what! everything that little Elijah does, he does with his whole heart, mind, and soul, and he has a beaming personality that I love!
Miss Nellie and Miss Cleo sound like interesting ladies about which to hear. You could tell us more about them, someday. Or, you could give us more of their good food recipes.
I love you, Heather. Maybe you could close down your blog for a day or two and try to get some needed sleep. But I know such a thing is likely impossible with only a two room house.
I hope you guys have a restful, peaceful, and a love-filled Christmas. We'll be thinking of you.
Love, Mom

The Dickinsons said...

Mom, You are hilarious about me always making CHOCOLATE RECIPES. I think Phillip thought the same thing...when he heard what recipe Kimberly and I wanted to make. ;) But...Kimberly and I secretly said to each other, "You watch...he'll end up loving these!" AND HE DID! =D He enjoyed dunking them in milk! =)

I believe that Phillip and I have figured out that little Mary must be Dad D., myself, my brother Andrew, my Moma, and My Grandmother ALL COMBINED!
She thinks that God put her on this earth to do SO MANY THINGS...that there's NOT time to sleep!! =[ She went to bed at 3:00 A.M. or so (after Phillip WALKED The floor for hours with her!) and then woke back up at 6:30 A.M., then slept a little more but then she didn't take a nap until LATE this afternoon. (And it wasn't a long nap!) She's a DOLLY of a baby girl and we love her to pieces...it's just that she's going to grow up without a Mother...for if I don't get some sleep SOON...I'll just have to go on to my eternal reward. I told my 2 older girls that when I get to Heaven, I'm just going to put a "Do NOT disturb" sign on my mansion door...and sleep for all eternity! =)
Love you and Dad! Have a Very MERRY Christmas!
~Heather~

lila said...

Very cute post. The cookies look yummy. Love the way you displayed the nuts. Hope you all have a blessed Christmas!!! love you tons

Anonymous said...

I've tried those cookies but mine did not look that good. Haha. My problem might have been that I was using store bought dough instead of from scratch. I don't know if your Internet service is fast enough but you should check out pintrest.com. It has soo many nifty ideas like DIY decorating, sewing, and lots of recipes!!!! I think you would enjoy it!! Love y'all. I'm glad God Is taking special care of y'all!
*Your favorite little cousin,
Christa (and David and Addison)

Anonymous said...

glad you posted those recipes.. I may try them in VA we'll see! Love ya, Laura
P.S. I loved getting to chat on the phone... thanks so much for calling me!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!! We had a good time at Grandmother's today...Susan and Jeff and boys, Aunt Carole and Uncle Dan, and Carole Clapper and my sister, Jan. The food was wonderful. We enjoyed listening to Grandmother sing songs she and Granddaddy used to sing together while Jeff played Granddaddy's guitar. All of our family are planning to be at Christa's this next week.

The Dickinsons said...

Dear Cousin Christa,
How I LOVED getting your comment on my blog! How fun to hear from you! Give your little girl a big squeeze and have your hubby give you one for me! =)

I hope y'all have a VERY Merry Christmas! I'm so happy that your family gets to come to your house for Christmas! We enjoyed seeing you in the Singing Christmas tree!

Love ya bunches!
~Heather~

Anonymous said...

Dearest Heather,
I loved the saying about the dishes! I'll have to do up a note with that on it, so that my little dish washers can understand the blessings of dishes.
So fun to read about your Christmas and glad all went well!!! That is so funny about the fireworks, who knows what they will do for new years! Happy New Years!!! Love, Hannah Klunder

Jatin Sethi said...

romantic chocolate day images

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...